- It is the 16th-century Mughal Monument called the Red Fort of Agra.
- Jahangir Palace and the Khas Mahal built by Shah Jahan are part of Agra Fort.
- These are rock-cut caves.
- There are a total of 29 caves.
Archaeological Site of Nalanda Mahavihara at Nalanda
- Nalanda is the most ancient university in India.
- The archaeological remains of a monastic and scholastic institution dating from the 3rd century BCE to the 13th century CE are found here.
Buddhist Monuments at Sanchi
- Monolithic pillars, palaces, temples, and monasteries are part of it.
- It is considered the oldest Buddhist Sanctuary in existence.
Champaner-Pavagadh Archaeological Park
- Unexcavated archaeological, historic, and living cultural heritage properties are a part of it.
- Structures built between the 8th and 14th centuries like fortifications, palaces, religious buildings, residential precincts, agricultural structures, and water installations; are found here.
Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus
- The former name of CST was Victoria Terminus.
- It represents the Victorian Gothic Revival architecture in India.
- British architect F. W. Stevens built and designed it.
Churches and Convents of Goa
- The churches of the city which was the Portuguese capital signify the evangelization of Asia.
- Gharapuri Caves is the local name of Elephanta Caves.
- There are seven caves.
- There are 34 monasteries and temples.
- Mughal Emperor Akbar built it.
- It had been a Mughal capital for 10 years.
- Jama Masjid is a part of it.
Great Living Chola Temples
- It includes temples like the Brihadisvara Temple at Thanjavur, the Brihadisvara Temple at Gangaikondacholisvaram and the Airavatesvara Temple at Darasuram.
- Hampi has served as the last capital of the Vijayanagar Empire.
Monuments at Mahabalipuram
- The group is best known for Rathas, Mandapas, Giant open-air reliefs, etc.
Group of Monuments at Pattadakal
- The monuments represent the Chalukyan art.
- Hindu temples and Jain sanctuary are a part of it.
Hill Forts of Rajasthan
- Chittorgarh fort; Kumbhalgarh fort; Sawai Madhopur fort; Jhalawar fort; Jaipur fort, and Jaisalmer fort are part of these hill forts.
Ahmadabad Walled City
- Sultan Ahmad Shah founded the walled city in the 15th Century.
- It was built in 1570.
- It stands as the first garden tomb in the Indian subcontinent.
- Sawai Jai Singh-II founded the city in 1727.
Khajuraho Group of Monuments
- It contains Chandely Dynasty-built temples.
- People dedicate temples to Hinduism and Jainism.
Mahabodhi Temple Complex
- It is one of the four holy sites related to the Buddha’s life.
Mountain Railways of India
- Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, Nilgiri Mountain Railway, and Kalka Shimla Railway are three railways included in this site.
Qutub Minar and its Monuments
- Qutb Minar was built in the 13th century.
- It is the highest tower in India.
Rani-ki-Vav (the Queen’s Stepwell)
- It stands on the banks of Saraswati River.
- It is built in the Maru-Gurjara architectural style.
Red Fort Complex
- Shah Jahan built it as the palace fort of his capital.
- Salimgarh Fort is a part of this complex.
Rock Shelters of Bhimbetka
- Dr V. S. Wakankar had discvoered the Bhimbetka Caves in 1958.
- King Narasimhadeva I built this in the 13th Century.
- It represents the Kalinga architecture.
- The Mughal Emperor built the Taj Mahal.
- It stands on the Yamuna river banks.
The Architectural Work of Le Corbusier, an Outstanding Contribution to the Modern Movement
- There are 17 sites on three continents.
- Complexe du Capitole in Chandigarh, India is a part of this.
The Jantar Mantar
- Rajput king Sawai Jai Singh II built the astronomical observation site.
Victorian Gothic and Art Deco Ensembles of Mumbai
- Victorian Neo-Gothic public buildings and Art Deco in Mumbai buildings are part of this collection.
Great Himalayan National Park-Conservation Area
- High alpine peaks, alpine meadows and riverine forests in this conservation area in Himachal Pradesh.
Kaziranga National Park
- It is located in Golaghat and Nagaon, in the Karbi Anglong district of Assam in northeast India.
- Read more about the Kaziranga National Park in the linked article.
Keoladeo National Park
- Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary was the former name of this National Park.
- The Siberian Crane is one of those aquatic birds that make this park a wintering area.
Manas Wildlife Sanctuary
- In 1973, Project Tiger included it as the first reserve in the network of tiger reserves.
- It is also a biosphere reserve.
Nanda Devi and Valley of Flowers National Parks
- Nanda Devi West is the second-highest mountain in India.
Sundarbans National Park
- It forms part of the Gangetic Delta.
- These are one of the biodiversity hotspots.
- Get comprehensive notes on the Western Ghats in the linked article.
Khangchendzonga National Park
- Mount Khangchendzonga is the world’s third-highest peak.
Kakatiya Rudreshwara (Ramappa) Temple
- The Kakatiyan marvel made of sandstone, is a temple, built in the 13th century CE.
- The structure has decorated beams and pillars of carved granite and dolerite with a distinctive and pyramidal Vimana made of lightweight porous bricks, so-called ‘floating bricks’, which reduced the weight of the roof structures.
- Discovered by archaeologist Jagat Pati Joshi in 1968, Dholavira gets its name from the village in the Kutch district of Gujarat.
- In ancient India, it has remained a commercial and manufacturing hub for about 1,500 years till its decline by 1500 BC.
- It was the Indus Valley Civilization’s fifth-largest metropolis after Mohen-jo-Daro, Ganweriwala, Harappa and Rakhigarhi.
- Located in West Bengal’s Birbhum district, Santiniketan, meaning “abode of peace,” began its development in 1901 and is where Rabindranath Tagore laid the foundation for Visva-Bharati University.
- It was established by Rabindranath Tagore.
- Santiniketan has immense significance in human values, architectural and technological developments, monumental arts, town planning, and landscape design.
- Efforts to get Santiniketan listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site date back to 2010, with the latest nomination proposal initiated in the 2020-21 fiscal year.
- The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has been involved in restoring various structures in Santiniketan in recent years.
Sacred Ensembles of the Hoysalas
- The temples are located in Belur, Halebidu and Somanathapura in the Hassan and Mysuru districts of Karnataka.
- In 2022-23, India’s Culture Ministry recommended adding the temples, often described as ‘poetry carved in stone,’ to the list.
- The temples included in the ensemble are:
- Channakeshava Temple, Belur, Hassan district (Commissioned by King Vishnuvardhana, dedicated to God Vishnu)
- Hoysalesvara Temple, Halebidu, Hassan district (Commissioned by King Vishnuvardhana, dedicated to God Shiva)
- Kesava Temple, Somanathapura, Mysuru district (Consecrated by Somanatha Dandanayaka, a general of the Hoysala King Narasimha III, dedicated to God Vishnu)
Also, Check out – GREEN CREDIT PROGRAM